-
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeeper

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
There are four engines that I have for sale.

Basic mid-70's 400 engines. They have not been bored and are good builders. One was a runner I was told. One has basically no ridge and the other is minimal. The last one needs some definate machining but is complete.

There is one 440. It is a 76 as I recall it. It ate the crankshaft and will need to be turned etc. The heads are 452 castings, they have been bowl ported and have springs that accommodated a .525 lift cam. New springs and retainers. The engine had decent cranking compression but the crank is shot and I am selling the whole things as a core, which is what it is. One hour run time or so on it.

They are basic long blocks. No tin, no intakes etc. For obvious reasons parts are sold as is.

Price: $550 for all four of them.

Shipping: Can't ship, can deliver for expenses within reason.

Individual engine prices are as follows:

$100 for the 73 or so 400. It needs the most work, but is complete

$150 each for the better 400's.

$300 for the 440-You are mainly buying the heads there.

Willing to travel from here to say Weed, CA, Medford, Eugene, Bend etc. for expenses. Perhaps a bit farther if you buy all four of them.

I looked over the engines a little further. I pulled the heads on the 440.

It looks pretty good other than the crank, which will need to be turned. It is a standard crank. It will need a complete disassembly. It has a Hughes .223-.228 cam, new springs, retainers, and keepers etc. I homeported the bowls and they came out pretty good.

Bare long block for $250 firm here in Klamath.

I also looked over the 400's. Both look to be good re-ringers. I will sell the one with the intake which is a factory 4-barrel non-thermoquad, distributor, truck pan and mounts etc. for $200 dressed as described. Also includes the PS pump and lines. Or $150 firm for a bare long block.

The $100 400 will need to be bored etc. it has been sitting a long time.

Possible delivery to Medford / Eugene area for expenses if you get ahold of me soon.

Thanks for looking.

ROB

$550 for all still.

I have some time around the end of March, I'd be happy to throw one or all of them on my truck and deliver. The room is needed and I will have about a week to deal with them.

BTT

I can pretty much go within a 200 miles of 97624 in most any direction over spring break. It would be nice to see them get used.

Are these engines 3 400's and one 440? If I can get the money together, I'd take you up on them. I'm filing an insurance claim on the motors that were stolen from my garage. I'll keep an eye on this to see if they are still available when we settle. If you still got 'em, I'll meet you in Eugene to pick them up.

j

There is one core 400. It has been sitting for a long time and as I recall it had some real definate ridge etc. It was about a 73 or so.

The other two 400's are supposed runners. Very minimal ridge etc. No obvious issues although I have not pulled one pan on one of them.

The 440 has alot going for it. But it did have a mild knock and it has some strong wear on the rod bearings.

That being said, it has some good. Essentially new valve springs (aftermarket) retainers, keepers, and bowl ported 452 castings. Cam is a Hughes, and the three roller timing chain is a Comp Cams.

$550 firm if picked up here in a painless manner.

If I have to deliver, I would like reasonable expenses for loading / hauling / etc. Not looking to retire off of these.

But, I am not interested in spending 4 hours loading / strapping them down and then driving 3-5 hours for nothing either.

PM me your email when you get close and we can chat.

Thank you, ROB

Yeah...I'll holler at you soon as I know what's up. I could usee a trip to southern OR to get away, and give my new truck some exercise :D

j

A good way to look at it is I live about 4.5 hours from Portland to the SE.

I am off pretty much every day for spring break starting one week from today on 3-22.

It would be nice to deal with them then if we could.

Thanks, and I hope to hear from you.

ROB

It looks like I will be in Weed CA on Friday the 23rd and up to Portland early to mid-week next week.

Happy to throw one on for a few bucks hassle factor.

ROB

Waiting to hear back from the police on how we will proceed with it...

I'll definitely keep you in the loop :D

j

I am going through my parts and I do have some more BB stuff on hand. Some 516 heads, intakes, carbs , distributors and starters. Some kick down linkage etc.

Happy to combine things. I am not interested in parting out individual pieces yet.

ROB

Possible Portland trip on a weekend coming up. LMK please, I am happy to sell one or all. I have quite a few left over mopar parts that need to go.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back