Not open for further replies.

496 polara

moparts id gch
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for headers for a 440 in an A body (72Duster) with POWER STEERING. Have Schumacher Try Y headers now. Would love to find 1 7/8 or 2 inch primaries that work with factory power steering. Semi fenderwell ok.
Does anything exist?

I have a set of new hooker 2" primary fenderwell headers I would trade for the tri-y headers what size primaries are they? I haven't ever really seen partial fender well headers before except for maybe custom built ones otherwise I've only seen ones that either go through the fender Wells or inside the frame headers not ones that go both ways

1 5/8 primaries.Okay for the stock 440 when put in there but leaving power on the table after heads/cam swap.

I have a set of new hooker 2" primary fenderwell headers I would trade for the tri-y headers what size primaries are they? I haven't ever really seen partial fender well headers before except for maybe custom built ones otherwise I've only seen ones that either go through the fender Wells or inside the frame headers not ones that go both ways
There are several brands of big block/a-body headers that have (at least) one tube that goes thru the inner fender, then loops around under the frame to the collector. I have a custom set that has two outside, two inside on one side of the engine, and three outside, one inside on the other.....

Pro Parts is one of the companies that made 2" inside/outside headers with one tube on each bank going outside.

I think the old pro parts headers have been brought back by the guys that run Chrysler Power magazine . I think th rear tube on each side runs thru the inner fender... just like my 40 year old hooker adjustables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back