Big block k-frame to small block?

-

lee01

Reaction score
Long story short, bough this 71 Duster in pieces.
Now i'm working to get that small block in.....after not understanding why everything was so off...i found out little late in the game that I actualy have a big block k-frame.....but i currently have a small block in the hole....my engine was sitting on wood 4x4...so only tonight i found out this.

So I would like to know if theres a swap big block to small block conversion....later maybe i'll put a big block....but for now i don't have the money or place to swap in a big block.

Any help appreciated.

I don't know of any abodys haveing big blocks in them in 71. Is it a spool tipe k member if so you can just buy the 360 spool mounts.

not gonna lie, probably be quicker and cheaper just to buy a sb k frame. Personally I'd use a spool mount one

I don't know of any abodys haveing big blocks in them in 71. Is it a spool tipe k member if so you can just buy the 360 spool mounts.
Last time a big block came from the factory in an A-Body was 1969, with the biggest engine being the M-Code Darts and M-Code Cudas with 440s in them

If I recall correctly the spool mount k-frame must be modified to use stock big block spool mounts. I would just get a small block spool mount k-frame and be done. There won't be any conversion mounts because it was never factory installed. Direct connection was modifying the small block ones and selling them. There is a tech article on the big block dart web page about how to do it.

Do you have any pics?
I bet you have a 6 cyl "K"

When you have time, take some clear pics,
It looks like a 6 cylinder k with some funny welding on the passenger mount.
That is not a v-8 k

-
Back