Big Block Tri-Ys

-

rklein383

Reaction score
Just found out my back order tri-ys will be shipped out tomorrow!

Yipee

It's a 69 383-s fastback barracuda. Original 4 speed, bench seat, fast ratio steering, tach, stripe delete B5 blue exterior with standard black interior. One of 331 big block 4-speed fastback formula-s barracudas.

I've had a 440+6 in it with 2" CPPA headers for twenty years. I had to modify the z-bar to work with the CPPA headers that were not designed for a 4-speed and although it worked, it wasn't great. I also had to lift the engine a bit to work with the headers

I am going to modify the tri-ys to fit the 4-speed, put a 2.5" exhaust with x-pipe and new stainless steel tips, lower the engine down to the stock location, and put in a centerforce clutch.

Rod

Schumacher makes a Z bar that supposedly works with their headers, I don't know how well it works.

I didn't know that. You think they would have mentioned that to me when I spoke to them about how to modify their headers.

I should have mentioned that I think the Z bar is designed for a low deck motor (B block). I don't know if the geometry would be different on a 440 (RB Motor). That would be a question for them, but I'm sure somebody will eventually chime in that has done it and and can answer that question. I would like to know since I also have a 69 383 4spd S.

-
Back