-
Status
Not open for further replies.

66plyValiant

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I recently removed a 400 B big block engine from a 1977 tradesman campervan to go into a 1977 dodge D-150.
It fits perfectly as far as mounts and pan go, but the passengers side manifold hits the frame rail; don't know about the drivers side yet as I had to remove the manifold to remove it from the van. any pictures or anything is a help

On my 78 D-150 440 powered truck I installed a set of the B-body 383/440 magnum manifolds... These are said to not fit, I found only 3 mods and they fit fine... Left side only needed a slight mod to the kick down linkage and a little massaging of the firewall... Right side I had to heat and bend up 90*a small section of the frame... You do see many truck frames that come from the factory with small sections of the frame bent like this... The stock truck manifolds flow like crap with only a 2" outlet and are prone to cracking...

On my 78 D-150 440 powered truck I installed a set of the B-body 383/440 magnum manifolds... These are said to not fit, I found only 3 mods and they fit fine... Left side only needed a slight mod to the kick down linkage and a little massaging of the firewall... Right side I had to heat and bend up 90*a small section of the frame... You do see many truck frames that come from the factory with small sections of the frame bent like this... The stock truck manifolds flow like crap with only a 2" outlet and are prone to cracking...

I was hoping to use the van ones as it was a 2 1/2" outlet on both sides, but the passengers side is resting on the frame and I don't know what the drivers side is going to do

You will have to mock them up and see... On the pass side I had to add about 1/2 inch of clearance by bending the upper flange on the frame... Did it with the engine in the truck ..

You will have to mock them up and see... On the pass side I had to add about 1/2 inch of clearance by bending the upper flange on the frame... Did it with the engine in the truck ..

I would much rather not bend the frame rail, truck is somewhat valuable; at least to me.

its long wheel base stepside with a custom tilt front end. not many trucks around here like it, quite a few short wheel bases but no long wheel base stepsides

I have an NOS pass side manifold, I'll have to get the number off of it but if I remember it was for late 70's thru mid 80's
$60.00+ shipping
PM here if you want it.
Bob

I think this is what I need, I found it on ebay

LEFT CASTING NUMBER--4041468/ 4041463

RIGHT CASTING NUMBER--3830800

Attachments

• big block manifolds.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 271
still on the look out for a drivers side manifold, passengers side works fine from the van

still on the look out for a drivers side manifold, passengers side works fine from the van

If you can't find one closer send me a pm. I'm pretty sure I still have a couple. I believe one set is off of a '76 truck. Shipping from here to you would be pretty expensive due to the weight, I would imagine.
Dallas

If you can't find one closer send me a pm. I'm pretty sure I still have a couple. I believe one set is off of a '76 truck. Shipping from here to you would be pretty expensive due to the weight, I would imagine.
Dallas

PM sent, Thank you for your response

Stock manifolds on my 78 were both center dumps, same manifold left and right ... Some class A motor homes have the same manifolds... I do have a pair of truck, center dump manifolds left if ya need em... Tweekin the frame rail was no big deal... ya could always bend it back...My truck was rare 1 of 74 built in 78... I traded it for a 67 Barracuda...

Stock manifolds on my 78 were both center dumps, same manifold left and right ... Some class A motor homes have the same manifolds... I do have a pair of truck, center dump manifolds left if ya need em... Tweekin the frame rail was no big deal... ya could always bend it back...My truck was rare 1 of 74 built in 78... I traded it for a 67 Barracuda...

I have a center dump drivers manifold and it won't fit the drivers side; it seems the manifold needs to be closer to the block its also very close to my custom electrical pannel which has the quick disconnect for the tilt front end

the passengers side is rear dump and fits fine. I'll grab some pictures and post them

heres what I have for the drivers side (left) and it won't even fit in let alone bolt on

Attachments

• july2012 013.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 230
  • july2012 014.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 236
..................truck manifolds are different........they will fit 4 u........i have a set of manifolds and dual exhaust pipes [aluminized] from my 76 440 truck regular cab].......i also have 2 bottle mufflers[new]......if ur interested.........kim..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back