Big Block Turbo Headers

-
Are they stainless and what kind of time and money do you have in them if you don't mind me asking.

Flanges are from ebay($50), header kit is a jegster kit from Jegs 1 7/8" primaries(came with 8 different bends and collectors only $119.00), two 3" mandrel bend kits from ebay that had 2 90's, 2 45's, 1 u bend and 1 straight 12" in each kit at $70 each. All mild steel .067 aluminized, 5-OBX 3" v-band clamp & flange kits at $30 each. OBX T6 flange from ebay for $20.
This was the entire hotside. MadDart sold me 2 5" 90s for the dp, can't remember a price though. Maybe $70 iirc.

I think the mild steel will be fine since it is fairly thick and D.I.Y. ceramic coated and the 40+ pound turbo has a mount to hold the weight bolted to the front of the head. Most cracking happens due to the weight of the turbo hanging off the headers and vibration. I also started the LR Titanium wrap from DEI. I have 15-20 hours in them only due to no band saw and trying to grind the aluminum coating off. I had to use what I had which was a 14" chopsaw. You can review pics in my build thread in my sig below. I have posted the coated pics but no wrapped pics yet.

-
Back