Big Block Weight Differences

-
You asshole!!!! Lol

Cry.jpg

I saw a small block El Camino many years back, that I was told weighed 4600 lbs at the start line. I couldn't believe it..... till I saw guy that same size get out of it! Raised three inches on the driver side when he got out.

I saw a small block El Camino many years back, that I was told weighed 4600 lbs at the start line. I couldn't believe it..... till I saw guy that same size get out of it! Raised three inches on the driver side when he got out.
So he probably can do a level wheelie in a g-body lol

Difference between a LB & a RB block is 10 lbs. Listed in the Atherton & Schreib Mopar book.

215 & 225 lbs.

Difference between a LB & a RB block is 10 lbs. Listed in the Atherton & Schreib Mopar book.

215 & 225 lbs.
My 400 weight is 205. I weighed it.
My 66 383 is heavier than the 400

I don't want to Hijack the thread, but this reminds me of the discussions I have seen here before about BB A Bodies vs SB A Bodies. I had always thought that a 440 in an A body would be nose heavy and hard to drive. Someone here (I think it was @RustyRatRod) set me straight on that. He said that a 440 with aluminum heads, aluminum intake, aluminum water pump and headers weighed about the same as a stock 340 with factory exhaust manifolds. And those cars were certainly not nose heavy.

I don't want to Hijack the thread, but this reminds me of the discussions I have seen here before about BB A Bodies vs SB A Bodies. I had always thought that a 440 in an A body would be nose heavy and hard to drive. Someone here (I think it was @RustyRatRod) set me straight on that. He said that a 440 with aluminum heads, aluminum intake, aluminum water pump and headers weighed about the same as a stock 340 with factory exhaust manifolds. And those cars were certainly not nose heavy.
Exactly, the big block with aluminum heads and intake is actually lighter then an iron headed aluminum intake sb by 7 pounds

Something I read also is moving an engine back 1 inch is shifting 100 pounds rearward.

-
Back