Big block wire bracket question

-

ls23h

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My engine builder did not install the plug wire brackets. Is it possible to remove the exhaust nut, install the bracket and torque the nut without creating an exhaust leak?

CC83C78B-8F42-4BA4-A68B-EF0646FF0781.jpeg

For one thing , You should remove the gaskets from the exhaust manifolds. They do not require a gasket. Just something to blow out and create a leak in the future. Especially the kind you have on there. They are the biggest pieces of crap I ever seen used.

Don't the manifold face and the head port need to have a certain machined face to assure a good seal? Do you think the machine shop performed this procedure?

This photo I found on the GTS registry for representation.
No exhaust gasket on my 383.
Look closer! They are non typical 3 piece gaskets!

Look closer! They are non typical 3 piece gaskets!
I saw your X , We build a lot of cars and engine and never use Gaskets on factory cast manifolds with cast iron heads. Those gasket seen above are composite that you get in the kits. They are not good, They are for use with warped or pitted manifolds and will eventually blow out.

If there are no gaskets there is nothing to blow out. You just need to have good straight flat surfaces.Once hot they are sealed.

I never saw a mopar small or big block with manifold gaskets . Only a steel heat shield on the drivers side of a-bodies. They are steel and not intended to be a gasket it is a heat shield for the spark plugs. There is none on the passenger side and never was.

Yes slant 6's have gaskets because they are integrated into the intake gasket. None of our Big Block cars ever had gaskets from the factory and we had many.

-
Back