Big brakes

-

dukes69

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So from everything I have read true big brake kits from baer, wilwood, etc designed for E bodies should all bolt directly to our 73 up A body disc brake spindles. Correct?

No, not correct. Only for 73+ E-bodies. The ‘70-‘72 E-body spindles had a different sized wheel bearing compared to the 73+ A-body spindles.

Basically, Chrysler unified their brake design in ‘73, using the same brakes across all the platforms except C bodies and trucks. The A/B/E/F/M/J/R brakes interchange (even the bigger 11.75” stuff with the right brackets) and the only difference is the A body spindles are a smidge shorter. But before ‘73 you can’t just mix and match stuff without doing your homework first. The ‘70-72 E body disk spindles look like the 73+ spindles, but the wheel bearing diameters are slightly different.

Make sure to check out Dr. Diff for some big brake kits, I have the mustang cobra brakes front and rear and with a hydrotech hydroboost, the brakes are totally incredible.

I have the Stage 4 brakes from Dr Diff and I like them a lot. I took them to a track day and with manual brakes had no problems, no fade.

-
Back