BIG car show this weekend

-

BARRACUDA340S

Reaction score
Saturday a few of us will be going to the Fred Gibb car show in LaHarpe IL. It's a chevy show but they have street machine classes. ZEATER, 71Dart, 440Scamp and myself will be there. It's kind of exciting because this will be the first time most of these bow tie guy's have ever seen a 68 Cuda :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: At least I'll get 4 votes. LOL

What's cool is at the end of the show people line the streets and the cops let everyone do burnouts as they leave. I did one a city block long last year and got a standing ovation. I was talking to Scotty on the phone while I did it. LOL He could hear the tires frying and the 416 roaring and had a good laugh.

Fred Gibb is the founder of the 1969 ZL1 camaro, he sold the first 50 ever made. His wife is a friend of mine and we sponsor the show so I better go. It will be a good time.

Brett and I took it to those chevy guys - He was a class winner and I also was a class winner. Not bad since both our classes had at least 20 cars in them and they were mostly chevelles.

Brett's viper took a class winner also. They know mopars now!!!

Congrats Brett !
Mike

I still gotta wonder about these Chev people :roll: My Viper was parked right next to a 91 Chrysler lebaron with a conversion kit and that car won the class :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

You have got to be kidding me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Cuda was in street machine with a row of chevelle"s and nova etc and placed which surprised me a bit. The car that won the class was nice but not that nice. Oh well I had a good time. Got a chance to relax a bit.

ZEATER won the mustang class against a 429 concourse car. He had a tough class.

It's cool when you leave because about 300 people line main street and cheer for a burn out. The cops let you do it. I opened the dump's and rolled about 15 MPH until they started screaming then let'er eat. 1st gear was all pedal, then nicely put it in second and rolled'em a way's. That's fun!! Most of these ya hooooo's have to stop and power brake that junk to get the tires rolling :roll: :roll: :roll: That would put me to sleep. Let's top the shocks in second gear at 40 MPH smoking the tires, now that's a burnout!! :thumrigh:

The old lady even lit'em up in the Viper. She thought she was pretty cool. :roll: :D

Those people sit right on the curb and have no idea how lucky they are not to have a bunch of red paint down their legs :shock: :shock: Mindy has trouble holding on to the riding lawn mover let alone a 488 cubic inch V10. SCARE ME :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I guess shortly after I did my burn out a dude in a T bucket cam out an lost control and put his car backwards in someones front yard. Almost hit some people :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

That ended all the fun!!

Brett, it was the little 29 ford coupe with the stroker 383. He lost control and the trooper stopped the fun. I am sure when I see Steve(Red 29 Ford Coupe) he will have a million reasons and none will be his fault.

-
Back