Big Tires !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-

Mopardude18

Mopardude18
Reaction score
I am looking for some feedback on tire size. I am considering the Mancini offset shackle kit, and would like to know about what size tire would fit under the rear of my 74 Dart swinger with this kit installed.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

With the offset shackle kit 275/60/15 with a 4 1/2" back spacing on the rim. 10" rims. Always best to measure everything first. That's what I had on my Demon some time ago.

I appreciate your input. This is the first car I have taken to this degree in a rebuild and I need all the help I can get.

Thanks~~~~~~~:happy10::happy10::happy10::happy10:

Mdude, I am running the MP offset kit (should be the same as Mancinis) on my '69 Barracuda. I am running 15x8 Ramcharger steelies and moved the centers out to 4.75" and am running 275/60/15s as well. It is wise to take measurements on both sides before doing anything because Ma Mopar wasn't an absolute stickler for centering the rear axle assemblies.

Mopardude, you don't have the big round opening of a demon. I've got the relocation kit on my 69 swinger with the SS springs. I've got 255 60 15's stuffed in their on centerlines. A different wheel might allow me a little more tire. I trimmed the inside edge of the wheel well lip and trim for clearance.
2007005.jpg

This is the only pic I have handy right now. I'll take some this weekend.

theres no way you'll get that 275 under there unless you totally inboard the springs from what i know...the demon/ duster and cuda wheel openings are much more forgiving than the dart/scamp style ones, so you are limited

theres no way you'll get that 275 under there unless you totally inboard the springs from what i know...the demon/ duster and cuda wheel openings are much more forgiving than the dart/scamp style ones, so you are limited

And hence my suggestion (above) to measure, measure, measure before doing anything else. You are limited with a Dart-style wheelwell but I could have sworn I saw someone get a 275 in there wo/inboarding and just using the perfect offset on an 8" rim w/the offset kit. I could be wrong and know that many use a 255 in the rear. It doesn't hurt measuring and figuring it out.

Well, I have been running 295 50 15 for about on year on 8" rally's with a 5.5" bs and the mp spring kit. The tubs are stock.

on my 69 dart i have 255s with no offset hangers. the way i built the rear the tires are tight to the springs but i have room to spare to the body. i see no reason you cant fit a 275 with the offset hangers. you gain what .88" with the offset hangers, and a 275 is like .78 wider than a 255. i have seen guys stuff 275s with no offset hangers on darts. if your rear is not perfectly centered you may have to have the perches removed and a new set put on, which isnt a terrible option as sometimes they are way off for pinion angle anyway.

-
Back