biggest tire for a 75 duster.......

-

03ramit1

Reaction score
ok guys i am a noob when it comes to the A body. I am getting ready to cut up the wheel well and minitub the rear end, but i want the biggest tire that will fit. i would like to go with a 31 in tire 12-14 in wide but if that is too large for a mini tub then so be it. I havent looked or measured anything yet. I would like to know what will fit then the problem i run into is finding a set of slicks and street tires the same size or close to the same size. keep in mind the car does not have a rear end or wheels yet so tire size will help determine the wheels and axle width. thanks in advance for the help.

You are doing a Link or moving the springs inboard? Whoever answers the question will more than likely need to know.

Member Crackedback would probably know the answer!

it will be 4 linked. thanks for that as i forgot to mention that. bassically the whole rear end will be built arround the largest tire possable.

Put the car on jack stands and drop a plumb bob down from the places that a tire will hit. Use sidewalk chalk or a Sharpie and make marks all over the floor. You should be able to figure out how much tire you can use, pretty quick.

Put the car on jack stands and drop a plumb bob down from the places that a tire will hit. Use sidewalk chalk or a Sharpie and make marks all over the floor. You should be able to figure out how much tire you can use, pretty quick.

There are so many dusters out there that I am sure someone can answer the original question. Yes he could do what you mentioned but this can not be the first time. If the question was asked regarding a Dart, I would have the answer so someone here has it!

345mm on a 12" wide rim, street tires, plenty of room on my car. You will want move the rear back about 1" when you are doing the work to clear the front edge of the quarter with a 31" ish tire.

I'm referring to my Demon, but the same fitment

sweet man thanks for the info. If possible can you pist a pic. That would be sweet.

pic as requested. Mini'd to the frame rail, rearend centered in the quarter "wheel opening"

9-22 updates 014.jpg

rjsjea,

That is not a 14 inch rim, is it. ? Perhaps 16 or 17 " ? ..the largest I can find in 14 is a 255..

Grassy

rjsjea, that looks great. i cant wait to see what mine will look like...

what is the overall hight of the tire? you said its a 345 but i need to see how tall it is im guessing right at or a little under a 28 in fight?

345/30/19....factory tire size from a Viper. 27.2" tall from the spec sheet

12" wide rim

1-28-09 updates 007.JPG

it was a mt slick i drag race it I now run 29/13.5 hoosier quick time pro I drive it on the street alot. It built to go straight so it not very good in the curves

-
Back