Bike wanted

-

swinger 367

A-body addict
Reaction score
I figure that I will ask you guys. I'm looking for a 1986-1988 Haro Sport or Master. Someone must have one in the garage or shed in the backyard. I keep getting out bid on Ebag and either missing them on Craigslist or finding junk. I drove 40 miles yesterday to see one that the owner forgot to mention that he cut the frame. I know that these bikes are popular and expensive and I'm willing to pay a reasonable price for a good one. I'm not going to flip it or part it out, I will be restoring it, showing it locally, and riding it occasionally. PM me if you might have something or know someone who does. thanks.

I gave a mint 86 master frame/fork away a few years back along with several
sets of Tuff IIs to a buddy to build a bike for his kid.Who ever thought these
would be worth so much!Good luck with your search.

I missed out on an 86 Sport a few weeks ago, the ad was posted on C/L for two hours when I called, sold. The next day the new owner was on the BMXmuseum bragging about what he scored, it was a nice bike in great condition. He mentioned selling it, I tried to contact him, he ignored me and it is now parted out on Ebay.:angry7:

Sweet bike you're looking for and good luck. I just did up my old 91 Redline RL620 for my nephew for when he comes to visit in the summer. I miss my old days of BMX and hitting crazy tabletops with my friends. I also used to have an 88 Gt Pro Performer (hot pink), that was a sweet bike but I was more into jumping and racing than freestyle.

You want this huh?

BTW, check out this website!
http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/haro/pg11

haro_master_copy5.jpg

That's what I'm looking for, although I'd prefer an '87 or '88 due to the 990 brake mounts. But i figured I would broaden my search, I'm begging so I'm not going to be choosy, heck, I'd take a decent FST of FSX if the price was right. And because I'm begging, rust, missing stickers/parts, bad/no paint, etc is fine with me. I spent all of last winter in the garage working on my Warlock so I'd like to spend this winter in the house working on a bike.

The bike on the left is a 1987 Haro RS1, I still have one that was bought for me in '87 by my late uncle. Mine looks nothing like that now, it was rode for years and most of the parts were replaced. I rode it last weekend about 8 miles. I'm thinking about painting it and replacing the stickers.
The bike on the right is what I'm looking for, a freestyle bike to go with my race bike.

87rs1.jpg

87sport.jpg

Thanks for cluing me in guys. I thought you were talking about bikes with motors. Good luck on your seach. Looks like a healthy hoppy.
Small Block

-
Back