Billet rear main cap... Double O-ring? Preference?

-

C300

Reaction score
What is the Standard non-leaker. I'm a fan of O-rings, Is the Mancini Billet with them the way to go ? Also thinking of using the Viton Rear Seal too. is it worth it ? good combo ? Just not wanting a leaker after sitting all winter. Building this so It stay's together. Done and on to other projects and no redo's. beating after cruse after beating. 512", built 727 and looking for 3.55 gear for 8.75 or Dana also. Thanks, C300

I used the Mancini piece on my 496. It's leaking pretty bad, going back to the factory unit. There is a thread on Moparts about the Mancini version, read it. I wish I would have...

How about the 440 source one with the orange or blue strips on the side then ? thanks nitrojunkee, will check that out !

A little silicone sealer in the right places will do wonders.

just used up 1 1/2 hours reading about the rear main cap and seals. Thanks for the heads up nitrojunkee. This is all because i'm missing the original. stopping at the Machinist tomorrow. I got my stroker kit from Hughes. He would have used/copied Mancini's if it were better. I'm going to order one kit when i get my cam sent. seems that theirs has the relief milled into it too. that was the clincher for me ! Them boys ain't stupid...
Any one know how to find Best Machine ? anyone use their red anodized setup ? Sounded good, but i hit a dead end, thanks, C300

-
Back