Bilstein boots

-

CruzinFNC

Reaction score
I just received my order of Bilstein shocks for my 66 Valiant, but the fronts didn't come with boots. Should they? It seems like it would drastically shorten their life if I ran without them as their is a lip that would retain water and dirt in the tops around the shaft. If I need to buy them separate, what's the part number? I know these are popular, what did you guys do?

Attachments

• image1 (3).jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 181
These type come without the boots. I have spoke with the manufacturers directly concerning the issue of not having the boots and possible concerns of premature failure. They have assured us that with the seal design that they use there should be no issue. Regardless we back all products that we sell with a lifetime limited warranty for as long as you own your vehicle.

Thanks
James

Thanks for the prompt response. I'm very relieved to hear that running these without the boots won't void the warranty and that you stand behind their replacement if it comes to that. Other than what I mentioned above, I was also concerned when FirmFeel said they sell theirs with boots. Time will ultimately prove if they do indeed hold up, as this car sees a lot of mountain miles.

-
Back