black hoods

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Body guy called me today to discuss the satin black hood. Concerns are if just shoot it with a single stage flat satin black that its rough texture will grab loads of lint when drying car. And also what will happen if I should accidentally hit the hood with a wax applicator while waxing the car. He mentioned several suppliers have a satin black kit with satin clear. So, please, if anyone has a satin black hood let me hear hat method you used, as well as what it is like to live with it....thanks

Ive used the satin black urethane clear before and gives a nice "satin" not too flat or not to shiny look to it and hitting it with wax will not harm it but whenever I detailed cars like that,I would just open the the hood to avoid getting wax on it.You can also add what is called a "flattening" agent to the clear to give it a dull flat look.:-D

hot rod black, its smooth and i use spray wax to clean it, and its a single stage and easy to apply

What kind of paint is your body guy using?

I have used PPG 2060 Flexed & Flat clear for years. I'm sure whatever paint line he's using has an equivalent.

hot rod black, its smooth and i use spray wax to clean it, and its a single stage and easy to apply
What brand of hot rod black?

What kind of paint is your body guy using?

I have used PPG 2060 Flexed & Flat clear for years. I'm sure whatever paint line he's using has an equivalent.
He is using PPG or Dupont, I do not rememeber which one...

-
Back