Black out hood

-

Duster

Reaction score
Hi guys

There was a paint seminar last night and I stop in to see what the rep had to say. Dupont just came out with a new paint "Hothue color", They have a semigloss black they call hotrod black specially for black stripe, hood,spoiler.... What's nice about it is that you can even wax it, so you don't have to worry about wax on your black out whatever. He said ratio paint to activator 3:1 then add 5% to 10% solvent. Just in case somebody is interested.

Product #

HHM 6400 Paint
HHA 6405 Activator
HHR 7075 Solvent

Robert

Man this is great :cheers:
A few years ago I had my car painted, The painter had me come in the paint booth and tell him when the black was the right shade, It looks like a perfect match with the hood decal. My bumpers where also blacked out. A few weeks ago I forgot to tie my golf cart down, and you can guess what it did to my front bumper :puker:
I had someone paint it the other day and he said he could match it, but didn't.
So now I can get it fixed the right way.

I wish this paint was out when my Duster was done.

When I repaint my '73 I am thinking of going with black hood/roof/trunk with yellow sides. This could come in handy for that project, thanks!

-LY

What is everybody using to clean the flat black on the hood. I cant think of what to use that wont discolor it. Thanks for your input.

Duster front.jpg

Mopar471 said:
What is everybody using to clean the flat black on the hood. I cant think of what to use that wont discolor it. Thanks for your input.

All i use is Meguire's car-wash soap and water.

I used Bar-B-Que black on the 68 and it looks dead on. Waxes too.

I just finish my hood last night and installed it this afternoon. That Hothue paint is super nice. I will let you know how clean it stay. See you.

Robert

I have the original organsol paint on mine. I use lemon pledge on it, works great!

-
Back