Black Steel Wheels and Chrome Lug Nuts

-

73dart_swinger

Reaction score
Is anyone running black steel wheels and chrome lugs nuts similar to some late 60's B-body cars? My car is a creme color and i added a black dual snorkel hood scoop an i was wonder how it might look with this combo?

RUN EM! That was my everyday wheels on my 69. For Sunday dress up, I'd put the poverty caps on. Might consider the chrome grease cap for the front. Bob

I have a black set and chrome lugnuts for my car too...I plan on flipping between those with redlines on them and the cragars when car is done. I like the look.

Another thing that looks pretty good especially if your black wheels are wider than stock is to use the 1" hex gold irridated circle track lug nuts. You will need 1/2" studs though because I have not seen 7/16" versions.

What are the threads on the wheel studs for 10" drums? When i switch to discs at a later date, are the threads the same?

73dart_swinger said:
Is anyone running black steel wheels and chrome lugs nuts similar to some late 60's B-body cars?

That's how i did the rear wheels on my Scamp(sig. pic.) fronts i just used dog-dishes.

i just got some plain steel wheels today from a local junk yard. they were on a '74 Valiant Brougham. i plan on painting them black and running them on the front of my Dart with the "cop car" dog dishes i have. until i find a set of 15's for the rear that will take the same caps i will leave the A/R Outlaws on there that i currently have. i dont care for them much so they will probably be for sale as soon as i get something else. i like the black wheel with chrome lug nuts or dog dish caps alot. i really like that black Scamp posted further up!

davezinn said:
i just got some plain steel wheels today from a local junk yard. they were on a '74 Valiant Brougham. i plan on painting them black and running them on the front of my Dart with the "cop car" dog dishes i have. until i find a set of 15's for the rear that will take the same caps i will leave the A/R Outlaws on there that i currently have. i dont care for them much so they will probably be for sale as soon as i get something else. i like the black wheel with chrome lug nuts or dog dish caps alot. i really like that black Scamp posted further up!

www.wheelvintiques.com do a 15 inch steel rallye rim for the Chrysler 5 on 4" pattern. Just shipped a pair to the UK for my Dart. They can powder coat too, mine are black with the orginal chrome centres off my 14's fitted. Hope this helps.

73dart_swinger said:
Is anyone running black steel wheels and chrome lugs nuts similar to some late 60's B-body cars? My car is a creme color and i added a black dual snorkel hood scoop an i was wonder how it might look with this combo?

That was the stock wheel combo on the 69 1/2 Six-Pak cars.

-
Back