black tires and black rims

-

Cerwin

Reaction score
Im thinking of selling my rims, and with that i dont really want to m=put on my rallyes either. I believe i would like to venture into the world of a mean street machine. with black rims and black tires with white wall lettering

This is just a homework thread but i can only recall off the top of my head seeing mikes cuda with sort of the same set up.

Does anyone have a picture of the type of rims i will be needing? im assuming that its not just a normal black steel rim you can get to use in the winter with winter tires. that might look odd? or would it.. can someone help me on this? im suprized no one else has asked this question

Cerwin

Well these are 'Nascar' D wheels that are Cragars. US Wheel makes them too, about $40 a wheel, plus the center caps. Only thing about the blackout, is I do believe my car can pull it off due to the stripe and the black around the tail panel. A all single color, like yours, i think they might look just out of place. Just my 2cents though.

cloudy.gif

zoomed4.gif

zoomed2.gif

I like those nascar type wheels. I would like to see them with a set of the police dog dish center caps. I currently have the police centers with stock steelies.

how the heck would you get the dog dishes on there? have you considered something like magnum wheels? or just plain cop wheels? 1sec ill get a pic of my set

Ok well here is my set of 'Magnum wheels'. Supercoupes are similar, just wider. these are 15x7s. I put some acorn style Rallye wheel centers i had around on there. They look/fit better with the early 'mexican hat' style rallye centers.

100_0894-1.jpg

I know the cap won't go on as it doesn't have the register for them to snap onto. The cop wheels won't work on my car as the offset is way off for my fron end. And I've seen enough ralley and magnums. Somthing different for a different type of car, my wagon.

GoodysGotaCuda said:

Com'on, your kidding me that doesnt look kinda cool??

I didnt know you could photochop mikey.. good work man and thanks.
I like.. i likey thanks mikey!
:wav:

Kraby more or less just like your rims without the dishs tho!
i think thats what im after.

the car will get a mini tub and a paint job more or less like the 350z and it has already received the tint.
nissan350z.jpg

Cerwin

Cerwin - I think I'd almost go with powder coated WHITE wheels with dog caps. It'd give your car more of that late '60s B-body look. I had black steelies on my car for a long time....but I hated them. My car is too dark a color.

Or you could always get some minilites in black:
1570-alloy-silver.jpg

im not sure what i want to do yet, im trying to sell my 16's and ill put my rallyes on then ill find some steelies, most important part is the white lettering. too bad you cant get yellow lettering anymore.. you have to paint it yourself. that would be trick too!

:coffee2:
Cerwin

i do have to say i love the same color rims and dog dishes, i liked em on my 66 wagon, thats just me but i do like ur rims too cerwin, its all up to you

64dartwagon, why won't cop car rims fit on an early A? I plan on running the exact setup 68dart340 posted above with about a 225/60-15 tire.

Because the bolt spacing is difrent if you havn't changed the rear axles and front spindles to a 5 on 4 1/2" bolt pattern. For starters anyway, there may be clearance issues also.

68dart340, those are exactly what i want.. how ironic that they are inceptor rims and will most likely cost a few fingers.. where can i get some?

Rick.. your sons dart is very nice.. you should share more pictures with the guys! we all love pictures!

PM me if you wanna work something out. My local junkyard has three last time i checked for $15 ea. It'd cost you the $15/ea, whatever a tire shop would charge to get the tire off/disposed and for me to ship them. If i had the room, i'd keep them myself..

GoodysGotaCuda said:
PM me if you wanna work something out. My local junkyard has three last time i checked for $15 ea. It'd cost you the $15/ea, whatever a tire shop would charge to get the tire off/disposed and for me to ship them. If i had the room, i'd keep them myself..

ill have to do a yard check around here for goodies soon anyway. ill check here and then get back to you on the 3..

Mike.. on the ones you can get..
Bolt Pattern?
Size?
Cond?

i run the 4.5 all round
thanks

Cerwin

well they are all 4.5x5 bolt pattern (meaning all the cop wheels afaik), i 'think' all of them are 15x7 too, and the condition is just in need of a fresh coat of paint.

i have a pair myself......but with stickies on 'em. muhaha (i really think next time i get tires, i should just leave the white letters in and show the blackwall...hmm)

track1.gif

C130 Chief said:
64dartwagon, why won't cop car rims fit on an early A? I plan on running the exact setup 68dart340 posted above with about a 225/60-15 tire.

I have fenderwell headers, but the wheel offset pushed them to far out for me.

GoodysGotaCuda said:
i have a pair myself......but with stickies on 'em. muhaha (i really think next time i get tires, i should just leave the white letters in and show the blackwall...hmm)

track1.gif

i thought the white lettering looked great, but your call

Cerwin said:
68dart340, those are exactly what i want.. how ironic that they are inceptor rims and will most likely cost a few fingers.. where can i get some?

Rick.. your sons dart is very nice.. you should share more pictures with the guys! we all love pictures!

I paid $50 a piece, powdercoated. I think I paid $125 for the caps. They are MINT.

-
Back