Black Trim

-

MR.7DUSTER3

His money, My time
Reaction score
We are thinking about doing all of the chrome trim in a satin black powder coat but not sure how it would work on windsheild moulding and raingutter trim. any one ever attempted this. I am sure Cuda Chick can enlighten me on this. We are thinking bumpers also.The Duster will be going in for paint soon and then we will putting it back together

Bob / Bryce

I have had all of mine done in a low gloss black. A friend of my son's done it for me. Don't have them mounted yet, but they sure look good!
C

How about this 'cuda chick' ,any thoughts ?

Thanks, bob

Yeah yeahhhh try to take the weekend off and this is what I get. :stop:

LMAO!!!! Jes' messing with you Bob. :-D Always happy to help out if I can.

As timing would have it, Billy's '76 Pontiac Astre (Canadian Vega) hot rod is currently getting the blackout treatment as I can work it in with my customers' parts. Although all I've gotten done so far is his front/rear suspension (see my website Gallery) and chrome headlight buckets, all trim and the bumpers will be flat "Silk Satin Black" when it's all finished.

The main thing to remember with black powder coat is just like undertaking a black paint job: The more perfect the bodywork, the better the results will be. Any pitting or defects in your trim pieces and bumpers will show if it isn't removed / repaired ahead of time.

I've got some other stuff in the shop to grab pics of for a couple customers so I'll snap a couple of the formerly chrome headlight buckets to give you an idea on how it can look and post them later on in this thread. (I need to take them for the website anyway.)

Don't hesitate to give me a call if you have other questions or want to discuss details.

-
Back