FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Here is the setup.
72 Demon
snorkle scoop
Bright red paint
72 Demon stripe package
hood blacked inside of curved factory stripes

My grill is in prefect shape just the argent silver is fading away.

I am thinking of blacking out the grill except for the lights.

What do you guy's think?

Jack

dosen't look to bad with the right color car. here is a 72 dart. but you get the idea. i have seen this on a bright red 72 demon as well. didn't look to bad.

72.JPG

I blacked mine out and I am so glad i did as you can see. I am in the process of painting my bumpers Argent silver also and will have pics of the whole car when it gets done. I wouldn't think twice about painting it. I used Duplicolor Flat black paint......make sure you can use it on plastic.....and I used the Duplicolor Metal Cast Silver for the outside edges. I cleaned it really good with Castrol Super Clean and masked it off and painted it. Then I cleared the whole assembly.

Duster7.JPG

Grill5.JPG

Grill6.JPG

If you get a chance, check out the way I painted the grille in my 73 Duster.
The pics are in my photo garage. Just a little different than all black. Painted
the whole thing argent silver. Then painted all the recesses dark gray met.
Gives it a whole different look.

I have an extra grill and a complete set of taillight bezels for my 73 Dart Sport that I am going to paint black. I will the have a set either chromed or black that I can use on it.

Try putting some black electrical tape on first and see how you like it. If it doesn't tickle yer fancy, remove tape and don't paint. If you like it, remove tape and paint. :)

Just my input...I think they have that aggressive or "mean" look when painted.

pic4.JPG

Hey Dusterb318 like the color of your car :color:

Trying to decide what color to paint my Duster

What color is that

-
Back