Blacked Out Hood, what paint to order?

-

74Dusted

Stock Piler of 340's
Reaction score
What's the paint code for the paint on a Blacked out Hood (Matte/Semi Gloss? I think that's what I'm looking for?)

Planning to roll my '74 Duster into the Paint Booth later this month and have at the car. Already have the Rallye Red Paint for the rest of the car (ordered it ages ago) All I've got left to order is the Black Paint and the 340 Stripes.

BTW How much paint do you think it would take to Black Out half of the Hood and the Fender Tops/Door Tops all the way back to the Vinyl Top? A little extra paint never hurts, but it would suck if I didn't have enough paint :eek:ops:

Was looking to paint the hood/wiper cowl like this :

http://www.phoenixgraphix.com/p-d/popup.php?img=ct1108-9.jpg

Only with the tops of the Fenders/Doors/Sail area blacked out too.

Martin Senour Called "black out" Matches the flat tape stripes perfect even reflects at an angle under lights as the stripes do. I can get the number off the can when I go to the shop later. Also used it on wing and dash frame. Pics show the match to tape stripes.

Attachments

• dus2.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 170
  • scan0001.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 163
  • DSCF0090.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 168
Damn Omm,sweet car!

It looks even better in person, pictures do not do that car the justice it deserves. And the sound of it running will send smaller/weaker cars running in fear :D He truly has a work of art there

-
Back