Blasting Cabinet Metering Valve

-
I have my intake pickup clamped to the bottom of my V trap, which I built from Scat patterns 20 years ago. My cabinet is built from 3/4 Finnish plywood. I have a dimpled piece of metal tube for the intake. The cabinet has 45 degree funnel pieces of 3"4 plywood. I put a 6"X6" bottom hatch to empty the cabinet in 30 seconds. I used and old outdoor security light for lightning the interior. I put a dust port on it that's compatible with my Craftsman shop vac. It sounds cheap redneck instead of professional steel with all the bells and whistles, but it's served me well for 20 years. Intake manifolds, 15" wheels, exhaust manifolds, no problem. Lawn mower parts, tractor decks, anything that'll fit in it gets done. I'll send pictures to any who is interested.

I know this is an old thread but I have to say that the metering valve mod works very nice for me on glass bead. After constantly screwing around with plugging issues I came to the conclusion that the suction tube design was never going to work reliably as it fills up with media and then has to be emptied. I followed one of the common designs but used an old 1/4" cheater valve as an air bleed on the 1" pipe. Casters were also a good upgrade but I really need lighting and perhaps a cyclone.

-
Back