Blasting prices?

-

75slant6

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm getting my 5.9 ready to swap into my Duster and I figured while its apart I might as well blast the timing cover, pulleys, brackets, etc and paint em. I found a guy in town that has a blast cabinet at his work but neither one of us has a clue what it's cost to have stuff like that blasted. Any ideas on cost? I'm gonna buy a parts washer tmrw night so I'll clean the parts up good b4 I take em to him to get blasted. If y'all were to blast stuff for someone. What would y'all charge?

sorry, just had to ...wide open opportunity :D

Attachments

• 2c0bc3c6cb57f321a926cece6962481518f5f682e6106a28c90808d977625b05.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 165
Looks like you have a few project cars, I would buy one from Tractor supply, or Harbor Freight if you have an air compressor.
I paid like 100 bucks for mine on sale at Tractor supply.

Don't have a compressor:( I wanna get a blaster of my own then but I figured I'd just get someone to blast these few pieces for me this time. All my extra money is going toward parts to try to get my Duster street legal for the Nats. After the Nats I can start buying more tools

Can you borrow a pressure washer, there are several company's that make sand blasters that use high water pressure, be warned they are messy.

TnT has really gone up in the past few years.

There was a guy in town here that was charging $35 an hour for blasting stuff! It was a good deal for the small stuff, but a rim could easily take an hour,x4, that's a lot of bread to blast 4 rims! Geof

Also check local powder coating shops, around here they will do the blasting cheap.

The only thing in your list that would cost more to blast commercially than it probably should is the pulley(s) -- they truly suck to blast. :-D You think you're done and there's still little remnants of color wayyyy down in the groove. I can bust out a typical Mopar bracket/pulley job in an hour or two ($30 an hour at my place before your FABO discount).

Leanna is only a little ways down the state line from russleville

hey 75slant6, you remember a company called bilt-rite?
it used to be right next door to the middleschool

depending on how and if you remember it I can neither confirm nor deny that I may or may not have worked there in one manner of the other

Leanna is only a little ways down the state line from russleville

hey 75slant6, you remember a company called bilt-rite?
it used to be right next door to the middleschool

depending on how and if you remember it I can neither confirm nor deny that I may or may not have worked there in one manner of the other

Bolt-rite? In Russellville?? You lived in Russellville?? Which school do you mean? Stevenson elementary? When was this that you may or may not have worked there? We moved to Russellville in 09, we use to live over toward franklin.

And I wouldn't call it "just down the state line" it is 2.5 hrs away. Lol

Bolt-rite? In Russellville?? You lived in Russellville?? Which school do you mean? Stevenson elementary? When was this that you may or may not have worked there? We moved to Russellville in 09, we use to live over toward franklin.

And I wouldn't call it "just down the state line" it is 2.5 hrs away. Lol

your saying 2.5 hours is a long way to go see the mistress of metal ?

:burnout:

honestly, im not sure what the name of the school was (I only vividly remember that the building was right net door, on the same side as the galvanization department. something terribly nasty but because bilt-rite had the permit before the school was build they managed to maintain it)

its been about 10 years since ive been there

bilt-rite was the metal fab division of a company called big Dutchman (they make chicken cages)
at some point they decided to uproot operations from KY to MI and that's when I spend a few months in Russleville training on the equipment they had there

not everybody employed by bilt-rite was happy with the move so I didn't want to advertise it, in case you were one of the people who lost their job because of it

of course, by now most of the machines that were there have been sold, or outsourced as far out as Malaysia :banghead:

your saying 2.5 hours is a long way to go see the mistress of metal ?

:burnout:

honestly, im not sure what the name of the school was (I only vividly remember that the building was right net door, on the same side as the galvanization department. something terribly nasty but because bilt-rite had the permit before the school was build they managed to maintain it)

its been about 10 years since ive been there

bilt-rite was the metal fab division of a company called big Dutchman (they make chicken cages)
at some point they decided to uproot operations from KY to MI and that's when I spend a few months in Russleville training on the equipment they had there

not everybody employed by bilt-rite was happy with the move so I didn't want to advertise it, in case you were one of the people who lost their job because of it

of course, by now most of the machines that were there have been sold, or outsourced as far out as Malaysia :banghead:

Well isn't it a small world!! I don't remember bilt-rite but it's crazy that someone on FABO lived in Russellville at one point!! Lol. Oh, and to make it even crazier, my wife and I are putting up 2 pastured chicken barns north of Russellville and my parents are putting up one and there are at least 5 others going up in the area... And all the equipment comes from Big Dutchman!! Lol

-
Back