Blasting?????????

-

olivier426hemi

Twister
Reaction score
Hello,
Im looking at buying a sand/media blaster to blast housings or suspension parts etc... and a blasting cabinet for the smaller stuff. Anyone know of a good brand or something they have had good luck with. Part numbers would also be very helpful. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Olivier Dion

Harbor Freight had an all steel blast cabinet for $199.00, (made in China of course) but it looked like a good value.

I would go with the harbour freight blaster (mentioned by longgone) for a starter unit. I bought a small bench top model. Although it works pretty well, I wished I would have gone bigger on the cabinet.

I have an HF stand up model.

The gun sucks. Next time I need to replace it, I'm getting a foot operated air valve. That way the hand doesn't get as tired.

Picture003.jpg

Venting courtesy of HD and the sewer line section.

Olivier, crackedback posted a picture that looks like the one and yes the hardware is cheap, it`s Chinese, but the thing is made of steel, lighted, good size, and has a vacuum hook up. You can buy better hardware after you wear out the original stuff in a week. Lol! When you buy any of these blasting tools it`s imperative that you have a good moisture remover installed in the air delivery line, so put that on the accessories list.

I've got the same HF unit as Crackback. It's works good for the price, and I've been thinkin about a foot valve too. Might make a Hinged lid for the glass so it is easier to get the dust off the inside.

Wish I had one. I usally just take my stuff out back & set it on a stump & blast away.

-
Back