Blinker/Turnsignal Cancel Cam

-

TAQuickness

Reaction score
Im trying to remove the original cancel cam from a 65 Dart. Is there a trick to separating the cam from the switch?

Attachments

• IMG_0135_ID'd.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 88
:). What came out with it?

And what kind of persuasion - water boarding or WD40?

Got it. It was more like bamboo shoots under the fingernails.

For the next noob - the cam should just "pop" off. My was fused with 46 years of crud. I used a pocket nice to carefully carve out the blinker stalk key. This relieved enough tension that I could gently pry the cam off. However, be VERY careful while prying the cam off. The blinker switch has 2 nipples that fit into the cam. Break these nipples and you're looking for a new blinker switch. I'll post pics later this evening.

I need to perform the same operation on mine
so the pics and info are a great help

The more info post...

The first picture is of the blinker stalk cam. I had to use the tip of my pocket knife to whittle away enough of the cancel cam until I could gently pry off the cancel cam. If you look closely, the red arrows are pointing to two flat spots on the stalk cam. These appeared to have been crimped from the factory to secure the stalk cam to the blinker cam.

The second photo identifies the nipples on the blinker switch that fit into the cancel cam. Do not break these off.

O'Reilly's has the cancel cams, PN: DR4

Attachments

• Stalk Cam.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 86
  • nipples.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 98
-
Back