Block headers

-

Her1970

Reaction score
I have seen some discussion about block headers but never really saw a yes, no, or maybe answer so I will post it again. Has anyone used block headers like these? I am wanting to put them on my 70 Dart w/360. Good idea or bad idea. Let me know, thanks.

summit_headers.jpg

Too much restriction where the drivers side headpipe meets with the header. There's an older thread with a link to a pic that shows this. Also, shorties offer little HP gain over manifolds so the upgrade is mostly cosmetic.

Those don't work very well because they dump right on the steering center link. Even though Hedman says their fit an A-body they really only fit trucks or street rods.

Chuck

The actual design of the short headers would best perform at higher rpms and produce more hp over regular long tubes, given they are able to get high volumes of exhaust out and through the exhaust more rapid. Where long tubes would give more low end torque. But as stated on the fitment being an issue...

seems to me that they would be better if the middle pipes went to the outside of the collector and the end pipes went to the inside of the collector, more equal length.

-
Back