blower motor switch.......

-

318willrun

Utube channel 318willrun
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
'76 Plymouth Duster, A/C car. Blower motor switch all parts stores list have 4 prongs, and don't line up "handle and mount holes" for the assembly in the car.
This is what mine looks like.... and is this my only option?
Mopar A & B Body 1973-1976 NORS 3502685 A/C Heater Blower Switch Plymouth Dodge | eBay
Not trying to be a tight wad, but all the other types are 18 bucks over the counter.
If you're not in a giant hurry , I have a couple of those. But I'm out of town for a few weeks

Mine is just like that and was all jammed up inside so I opened it up and cleaned it up.
Lubed it with some silicone based grease and clamped it back together.
Works great now and has for 4-5 years.

(a just in case)

Mine is just like that and was all jammed up inside so I opened it up and cleaned it up.
Lubed it with some silicone based grease and clamped it back together.
Works great now and has for 4-5 years.
Totally agree. Simple switches like this can frequently be repaired. I did my flasher switch several years ago. I just pulled it apart, cleaned everything with some lacquer thinner, then I cleaned all contact points with some 600 grit, added a little di-electric grease, and put it back together. Works great. So, 318willrun; before you buy one, try repairing yours.

Possibly you can fix it or buy one from a member here at a cheaper price. But I've looked at various switches on eBay for a long time, and the $40 price your looking at is pretty reasonable. Especially since you're sure it is the correct one.

Last edited:
Totally agree. Simple switches like this can frequently be repaired. I did my flasher switch several years ago. I just pulled it apart, cleaned everything with some lacquer thinner, then I cleaned all contact points with some 600 grit, added a little di-electric grease, and put it back together. Works great. So, 318willrun; before you buy one, try repairing yours.
I did it. I took it apart, and re-assembled with bulb grease. It functions slicker than a whistle. I haven't tried it in the car yet, but I believe it will work.
Thanks to all...... :)

-
Back