Blowers,and Pro Street.....

-

Abodybomber

Breaking street machines , since 1983.....:)
Legendary Member
Reaction score
A couple of the Hour -Cal members,been enjoying this thread. A car I watched running down 101 south. A nasty whine,caught my way,to work. In the world of Pro Turding,and LS/Hemi swaps,quite refreshing to see.What you think?..

Attachments

• IMG_20130419_114243.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 190
Macarthtyz- D.W sales,by the SLO Sunset Drive in ,Ed. Sounds ,beyond good when it passed on 101.

That's cool. I been thinkin of a 671 if I am able to keep the Hemi.

No thanks, I'll take my "pro-turding" ride over that any day of the week.

had a v8 vega wagon,was a 327 4spd 12 bolt 3.73s...it was fast,i got alot of races with it.it was fun.the police hated it !

had a v8 vega wagon,was a 327 4spd 12 bolt 3.73s...it was fast,i got alot of races with it.it was fun.the police hated it !

i ve got a blower lol

Attachments

• IMG_4290.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_4292_1.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 191
I have owned Supertrick's, Centerlines, and Weld's before, but that Billet Specialty wheel is one of my favorites.

Getting back to the Pro Street deal.....That Vega wagon is cool. In the late 70's, my neighbor built a 73' Hatch with a small block for his cousin. Full frame, 12 bolt, glide, but still streetable.....Shocking to me, it actually went 10.0's at close to 140 with slicks. Glad I didn't wager any money on that one. Way faster then I thought.

I shouldn't have been surprised though. His uncle, the builder, had a 60's built, 23' T-bucket with a crate LT-1 350, "lol"...... At a nostalgia meet with no real rules, he ran the "T". I was at the starting when he left smoking the tires just after the hit, making a extreme right hand turn into the grass. Completely backing out of it, rolling back on to the track and getting back into it and completing the pass..........Blew my mind, 11.30@ 128.

My favorite Pro Street car to this day is, Steve Lisk's Challenger.

Not the best pic, i'm sure the're are better, but.....

Attachments

• hrdp_1009_06_o+hot_rods_past_feature_cover_cars+steve_lisks_1971_dodge_challenger.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 93
That,is what I remember..... Car, is set up. No longer, a 14 to 1 ,Ram chargers backed,Lenco shifted ****......

-
Back