Blown 76 Powerwagon

-

chargd72

Reaction score
Has anyone had any success fitting a roots or screw type blower in a 70's D or W series BB pickup without cutting the hood?

I have seen it done. The guy was running a 6-71 with dual 4's but no scoop. I didn't see how he had lowered the engine but it was obvious he had a little.

Jack

Gotchya. Was hoping to be able to do it without lowering the engine. I know the 144 blowers are pretty small but may be too small to produce much boost on a BB. It would be nice if a 177 could fit.

The B&M 174 and Weiand 177 are 6" tall and will provide 6 to 8 PSI of boost on a BB.
The Blower Shop has a low profile 250 blower that's good upto 540ci.....

250-FRONT.jpg

That is exactly the info I was looking for. Thanks!
The BlowerShop's 250 is 6.56" tall. Use an IndyCylinderHead ModMan intake manifold. They have supercharger plates, perhaps mail them a 250 blower base gasket and they can fab a plate up for you. The ModMan intake does not come with a backfire valve in which case, you aren't going to need one as the 250's use a serpentine belt drive.
Best of luck on your project.

Chuck Norris did it on his Ramcharger in the Walker Texas Ranger movie! Lol!!

Somehow he has a belt driven blower that only turns on with a switch. He is still years ahead of us.

Somehow he has a belt driven blower that only turns on with a switch. He is still years ahead of us.
All you would need to do is incorporate an A/C style clutch into the blowers drive gear and bob's your uncle

-
Back