Blown big blocks

-

Mopar-Man

Big Block Better Burnout
Reaction score
Anybody here run a blower on a 470RB? I was going the tunnel ram route on some 240 Trickflows but now I am thinking... hmmm... I am at 10.5:1 compression which would be perfect for methanol. The issue I have is the stock block! Not sure I could detune it enough to keep from splitting it. NOT BUILDING A RACECAR although it does have RMVB 727 and 4000 8 inch converter, Dana 60 with 4.10 gears and CalTracs. Just a radical street car. Any setups you would care to share?

I've got a somewhat stranded 496ci blower motor on the stand that I've been building over the years.
No real planning was involved, just using the parts I luckily ended up with over time. Street use mainly.
Only the cam has been chosen by Dwayne Porter from PHR.

I think I would worry a bit about the 4000 stall when you have enough torque to reverse spin a small planet at lower rpms.

Last edited:
I like using methanol as more of a safety measure. At 10.5:1 any hiccup at all in the meth system while under boost and you're toast.

A mate of mine here down under made 1500 hp with a standard block. Was grout filled though, engine has been running for the past 8 years

A mate of mine here down under made 1500 hp with a standard block. Was grout filled though, engine has been running for the past 8 years
Wondering how hard and how often he really hammers it for all its worth. I wouldn't think it would last a season in a dragrace car .
idle to 7000 and hold it for 8-10 seconds every time u start it ??????????

Last edited:
Wondering how hard and how often he really hammers it for all its worth. I wouldn't think it would last a season in a dragrace car .
idle to 7000 and hold it for 8-10 seconds every time u start it ??????????

Races about 6-8 full weekend meets a year, plus street duties, 8 second car currently in a Bee

-
Back