Blue streak cap and rotor experiences?

-

73SlantSwinger

Reaction score
I picked up a Blue streak (CH410) and rotor (CH303) from O'reilly the other day updating some things on the slant I just picked up. I noticed the rotor is bigger than the tan one I took off the car, and the cap seems like it is very tight (It took a little doing to get the side clamps locked in) I'm concerned the rotor is too close to the cap....any experience with this brand and should I go with another brand? thanks

They used to be top of the line but like all the other electronics out there not so much any more.

Last edited:
I found some OLD new stock blue streak caps n rotors on eBay a while back, different part number, I think it was ch403x, the 410 replaced the one I have, the "x" used to signify the premium line.
I will say that to hold one of these in your hand, and any other in the other hand, you will feel a difference. The old "x" line is definitely much heavier than others.

I have a few old stock Delco rotors, I felt safe with buying those and them being a good piece, since they came in one of those old cardboard "cans" with the crimped metal caps. Probably late 60s or early 70s stock. I have a few each of those and the caps I talked about above, probably just enough to last the life of my newly built slant 6
Unless I'm in a "gotta have it to get to work tomorrow" kind of bind I don't buy many current made ones from any of the parts stores. I have to at work for the vehicles I work on daily, and the last few Magnum engine ones and GM ones I've had to buy from Napa haven't lasted worth a damn.
Echlin used to be among the best if not THE best ignition parts back in the day ,but aren't any more.

I run the blue streak stuff on mine and it works fine.

-
Back