Blueprint Engines Crate Motor?

-
I'm going to edit my comments just keep this post from becomming a pissing match. Certainly not out to bash anyone.

I came to ask for you people's opinions, so I'll leave mine out....for now.

I do appreciate the response from Blueprint.

Last edited:
I don't know knuckle, it sure beats the "we know we make an inferior product, screw you for buying it" response we recently got from moroso when Leanne brought an issue with thier valve covers to thier attention

I build my own engines, if I didn't, I would give blueprint a look.
just to be clear, nobody builds a better engine for my rides than me. lol
Let's quit bashing a builder, as we can find flaws with any builder. just ask the dyno

If you think your going to buy a 600HP 600 Ft.lbs torque engine with a 10 years 100,000 warranty from any builder your in for a surprise. No builder can predict the level of knowledge the customer has or how their engine is going to be beat on. Sure their are some unscrupulous builders but there are some really unacknowledged, unrealistic buyers also. Hell look at the thread posted by VonCramp where his "machinist buddy" messed him up!

It sure as HELL beads Rick Moroso's response to CudaChick regarding the valve cover issue.

While I have not had any personal experiences with engines from them a buddy of mine bought a 408 from them two years ago. Two problems I saw firsthand were several oil leaks and a bunch of failed hydraulic lifters. Valve train clattered so badly he pulled engine and sent back to them. They made some changes and sent it back to him in Canada at his expense. The other problem with his 408 from them was I could eat it with my 340. I understand not everybody has the same budget, I suggest you custom build the very best short block you can afford then add better top end as you can afford it. Not trying to ruffle feathers just stating my opinion.
I wish to update the statement I made about shipping costs going to the end user. I just spoke with the guy that had the issues several years ago and he said he paid up front and Blueprint reimbursed him at a later date. The car with that engine was sold shortly after the replacement engine came.

These guys (Blueprint) sell thousands of engines, there's bound to be a bad egg in the batch once in a while and for sure that's the one you're going hear about it on the web. Car company's have warranty issues in the same way. If they sell only junk they wouldn't be in business very long. If you buy anything manufacturered don't expect it to perform as well as a carefully handbuilt one. For a driver I would think this would be good option for someone.

Last edited:
Just do what some of us do and buy a used Magnum engine and drop a decent cam and EQ heads on it.
Instant 400hp/415tq with headers and carburetion. :D
Mine cost me right at 2k for the entire engine ready to go and it's a screamer for bucks vs horsepower.

-
Back