Boat dock

-

spl440

Everybody's Fool
Reaction score
Figured able to solve all other problems, let's give this a try! Have a floating boat dock, just informed the lake water level is to be lowered for dredging. Only problem is one side of dock is high and dry, not able to float dock to middle of lake which is what has been requested. Any thoughts on how to get the other side back into the water? There is no major rain forecasted, lake is naturally low because of no rain, and lake lowering begins Nov 1st.

Attachments

• photo (2).jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 267
  • photo (1).jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 283
  • photo.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 271
Lever it up and over into the water with a couple of guys and some sturdy 2x6's.
You could even have a boat help some from the lake side at that far left corner.
If you are worried about the structure put a temp support across the end.
All you need to do is get the weight off the closest side and lever it away from the bank.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 261
Invite 3 or 4 friends over for some beers, after a couple of beers hand them some 2x4's to use as levers to move it off of the shore.

I moved a hot tub by myself by laying 2" PVC pipes under it and rolling it. Just use a lever to lift enough to get the pipes under it.

Get three or four 4x4's, cut a little piece off each one and put them in the spots that are open above the gaps between the floats.

View attachment photo.jpg

That will help support that bottom board from flexing/breaking. Get three or four buddies to man a 4x4 and pry up and push out in those spots.

Having a boat hooked to the other side like Greg mentioned will be a plus.

I bet that will move easier than you think.

A few hundred pounds of muscle should do the trick. Let me know if you need an extra hand.

Invite 3 or 4 friends over for some beers, after a couple of beers hand them some 2x4's to use as levers to move it off of the shore.

Hopefully with a few friends and some Beers ( Herb and Eric ), and alcohol, there will be very little grunting

Red ---- Steel tube, pipe, ??
Blue----- Sling, Chain, ??, under deck
Yellow--- Support for tube (just 1)
Green---- Come along

Attachments

• Dock.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 215
That looks sweet Daves69! It should be doable, I like it! Maybe a combination of this and what Trailbeast described could work! Too bad there's nothing offshore to winch to. How far to the other side?

That looks sweet Daves69! It should be doable, I like it! Maybe a combination of this and what Trailbeast described could work! Too bad there's nothing offshore to winch to. How far to the other side?

At least 200 feet to other side. I like Daves69 idea also, just a little more angle to lift up, do not want to drag the floats

Get the the HMS Titanic and pull it into the water.

At least 200 feet to other side. I like Daves69 idea also, just a little more angle to lift up, do not want to drag the floats

200 feet to the other bank? Git you some rope! There's your answer! As long as you have access to the other shore, that is. That and four guys with fulcrums and levers!

Oh, and, nice dock by the way. Hope you don't damage it. Trailbeast suggested a temporary brace at the open end. Good idea!

Simple. Get a decent pump and blast the soil out from under it. It will will float right off the bank. One man job.

Get her moved off the bank?

YES, :blob: Yesterday,After a little rain, and some help, used large jack from my off road buddies and some pipe for a lever and it moved pretty easy. Found one float broke open on one end so used that as the pivot and swung the other end into the lake and then came back for the other end. Thanks all for the suggestions.

That's a relief. I thought you may have had to resort to a bunch of bikini clad 300lb hotties on one end.

-
Back