Body and Paint Shops in Houston TX

-

dale_brennon

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am at a point where I am ready to put my car in paint and primer, I've replaced the rusted panels that I had on the car, and am ready to have it primed and painted. I have zero experience when it comes to body work, so I was hoping someone knew of a shop in the houston area that has a quality reputation but won't break my bank. I am located in the Spring area, and what I'd really like to do is have a shop that's willing to teach me, I will still pay for the car, but I want to learn how to do it for myself as well. I have worked on cars, and helicopters for 12 years now so I am mechanically sound, I just need help with what primers can mix with what paints and how different color primers will effect the color of a paint. Then There is the whole when to apply filler to the body, and how to align panels and body lines. Like I said there area ton of things I know I need to learn and I'm very willing and able to do so. Hopefully someone has a good lead for me to get this going soon. Here's a link to the restoration of my demon, hopefully I get some good replies!

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=177129&page=3

-Alex

In all truth I myself have worked in many maaco over the years and for like a little over two g's , plus if you most the prep work then take it in that always helps on the price some.

you need to find a small one man shop, that is willing to let you see the process. there is a "paint tutorial here in fabo that will help you a lot to read.

-
Back