Body Color Combo Question

-

jos51700

Green Bearing thread connoisseur
Reaction score
My '72 Swinger is White with a Green top and Green interior. I've never seen another like it.

Can anybody tell me how many were made that way? Ditto my FE5 four-door '75 Valiant?

I don't think the gumbers nuru Galen handles these "pedestrian" cars.

Thanks,
John

GG is not taking orders any way and i doubt he would give any A body the time of day. there really is no way to break down exact numbers on specific colors without a registry. there may a 70-72 swinger registry but i cant say for sure. im sure someone here can give you more info on that.as for the 75 4 door , i can tell you with 99% certainty that there is no break down. so many of those cars have been parted out and crushed. and the factories did not keep a record.

Green (with white or green & white interior) seems to be the most common color on any 70's A-Body. At least almost every single A-body I've ever seen was originally green.

My dad jokes around and says that chrysler must have bought tankers full of the fugliest shades of green and then sprayed most of the Dusters/Darts with it to get rid of it :D

I don't know how many were made, but I do remember that combo from that era, not hugely popular but not too rare either. A neighbor lady had a '74 Mustang II, white with a green interior...she loved that car lol.

that green poly was used so much. it seems like 5 out of every 10 A and C bodies were painted that color with beige/tan following a close second

Because green rules. With a black interior, anyway. I don't much care for the interior and exterior (and vinyl top, if equipped) to match regardless of color. Too plain. I was actually excited to want to see a pic of the white swinger with green interior, since I couldn't recall ever seeing that combo before. Then I read goldfish's post, and remembered that I actually owned a white with green interior Mercury Bobcat back in high school. FoMoCo's interior green was a bit more in your face than Mopar. Add a pine tree air freshner (car came that way), and it was quite a sensory experience...

lol i misread the original post picturing a green poly, green interior and a white top. my bad , still , the green/green/green had to be the ugliest combos lol .the white and green was a little less common im sure

-
Back