Body color painted tail light housings and trim

-

69wacuda

Handling, and a 500ci engine.... All in good time!
Reaction score
How sacrilege would it be to paint the trim on my 69 barracuda to body color. My taillight housings fairly pitted and the car is nothing but a driver. Has anyone done this, and if so, pictures please. Thanks guys.

The days of factory correct or die are over. Do what you think looks good and is within your budget.
I like a black or matte silver contrast to body color on trim but all one body color can look cool also.
Goggle mopar resto modded cars

Although not an A Body I expect I will need to sandblast, fill with some kind of metal filler, sand etc the trunk latch/license plate housing on my 47. Everything I’ve seen is in the same/worse shape than what I have

7E81A726-25C1-4851-814B-BAB8BB1E10A6.jpeg

Good chrome work is both rare and very expensive these days. Do what you want that pleases you and don't worry about what others will say.

That's what I was planning on doing Martin for my "spares" on my 69. Fuel filter cap, backup bezels, tail light housings. Do them in kinda like a black chrome that Leanna could do.
Give the car a different look very easily.
Give Leanna a holler, she will powder coat them any color you want....silver maybe good.
CudaChick1968

Thanks for the votes of confidence guys but all of those pieces are pot metal. It CAN be done, but chances are good it won't turn out perfect.

-
Back