body color wheels?

-

Seth Jones

Reaction score
Could you get body color wheels on a 74 duster if you opted for the "dog dish" hubcaps or were they all black?

well the 1974 dart sports came stock with the poverty caps so I belevie that wheels always came black

hmmmm not certain about this...but I seem to remember that if you ordered a /6 basic car...they came with bottle caps and the wheels were the body color....I dont remember if you could do that on any vehicle above 1st line BASIC BASIC... I have seen that combo many many times on many many mopars....it may not be "CORRECT" in every instance but it looks pretty good /stock.... unless you are "going for points" in a concours event....DO IT
PS pretty sure only the commerical cars or full hubcap cars ( cops cabs etc..) came with black spare tire wheels came from a different line and were almost always black, very very rarely did a matching color one slip in...typically a dealer backfill

I think by 74 the closest thing you could get to body colored wheels was the full wheel covers with the body color painted centers on the 4dr dart se and the valiant brougham. Dont know what year they phased out body colored wheels.

-
Back