Body Filler?

-

HemiPar

Reaction score
I will be replacing my quarter soon and wonder what is the best body filler to use and where I might be able to get it from. I an not replaceing the whole 1/4 just the back near the side marker light. I will weld the patch in place but I think I will still need filler. Thanks.
Jeff

I use Evercoat Rage, sands easy. I also use their polyester putty after that, you don't have to but it's easier to feather it all out.

If you need more than just a skim coat use Evercoats Metal to Metal filler. It's an aluminum oxide filled material that is water proof and very strong. It's harder to sand but is a better choice if you need to fill any depressions. Rob's suggestion would be used on top of that.

The Evercoat materials are availble at most autobody supply stores.

Thanks for the info. Would i just use regular sand paper fot the metal to metal?

Yes, just use regular sandpaper. You can also use some sort of short strand fiberglass impregnated filler, "kitty hair" to go directly over the welds. It's also waterproof and a lot easier to sand than Metal-to-Metal. Again, use regular Evercoat Rage or Rage Gold or Rage Lite over either to get your final contours.

I find the fiberglass filled stuff a pain to work with, that's why I use the Metal to Metal, easier to mix and apply. You need to get some sanding blocks to put your paper on. You need long ones (about 2') to get a straight panel.

Thanks for the replys all. I will be making my decision this week end.
Jeff

agreed with the above, i use evercoat rage gold and it goes on and sands off extremely well.

I don't think it's crappy but it is expensive, it's only sold at retail outlets and in low volume. Evercoat supplies the industry and sells a lot of product at much more reasonable prices. :thumbup:

OK so the survey says,,,,,,,,,,,,,Evercoat Rage". OK so where do I get the stuff?

Any autobody supply place and probably most auto parts places too.

-
Back