Body molding

-
What molding! What year and make.

Do you have any pics of the original clips? There are many sources unless you are looking for 69 Barracuda rocker molding clips!!

What molding! What year and make.

Do you have any pics of the original clips? There are many sources unless you are looking for 69 Barracuda rocker molding clips!!

I've tried all the sources and the clips are not available.They're the trim that is at the bottom of the sale panel of a rig that has a vinyl top. Here are pix of the clips. 72 Swinger
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,121289.0.html

What I'm asking is how to attach the trim without the clips.

Post a Wanted add here with a picture of the clip and the application. Another route: compare that trim with 70-71 trim. If they are the same the earlier clip is much different and less prone to breakage, could be a substitute...

I got mine from year one, I matched it up with a pic in their book but it was listed as a B body clip. It was exactly the same.

If nothing else pans out, you can cut off the metal "nail heads" that hold the plastic clips on, then order clips for a 69 Dart from RT specialties. They mount with a stud, and nut.

I've tried all the sources and the clips are not available.They're the trim that is at the bottom of the sale panel of a rig that has a vinyl top. Here are pix of the clips. 72 Swinger
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,121289.0.html

What I'm asking is how to attach the trim without the clips.

Not sure on how to install without them!

Those clips look like the ones used for the dealer installed vinyl top trim that was once on my 69 fastback Barracuda. It was a full top and I am sure I have a dozen or so I removed. The vinyl and trim was not re-installed. Do you know if the ones pictured in the link are broken or is this what they really look like. The ones I have do not have an opening on one edge like the ones pictured.

This is the trim I am talking about. It is about a 1/4 to 3/8 wide. This is not my car but it once had the same trim and full vinyl top like this which I can only assume was dealer installed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 168
Not sure on how to install without them!

Those clips look like the ones used for the dealer installed vinyl top trim that was once on my 69 fastback Barracuda. It was a full top and I am sure I have a dozen or so I removed. The vinyl and trim was not re-installed. Do you know if the ones pictured in the link are broken or is this what they really look like. The ones I have do not have an opening on one edge like the ones pictured.

The one in the link has one side broken.

I just ordered clips off ebay a couple days ago and they arrived today

To answer your original question, double sided foam glazing tape works well, comes in 1/16" and 1/8" thickness, and is readily available from any glass shop.

-
Back