body paint in a can

-

Kevin Jonker

Reaction score
Can someone please list a phone number of a napa or other parts store that sells or puts in orig. body paint in a rattle can? Apparently you can not get that in the republic of Kalifornia. I need to see if they can ground ship it to me. I am about ready to shoot my engine compartment. Thanks Kevin

Have you tried your paint stores down there. They do it up here in Or. I have never used it, but I know they can do it.

Hello,
Do a search for local businesses that sell automotive PPG paint. I found a place in San Diego that has paint codes back to the early 60's (maybe earlier) who can either put the original factory color in a spray paint can, or if they have the car, they can color match it on-site, and mix up the exact color taking into effect fading, etc.

http://www.ppgcarpaint.com/

I do not remember specific pricing, but I thought it was close to $10 a spray can...with a minimum order of around $100.

If you cannot find anything local, I can try to find the card for the place in SD. I am told that they will ship anywhere in the US.

Thanks,
Clint S
San Gabriel

The name of the company I spoke with in San Diego is:

Tri-City Paint
6695 Rasha Street
San Diego, CA 92121
Phone: 858-909-2100

They are a PPG Platinum Distributer. Like I said earlier, they can put any color into a can, and ship anywhere.

Thanks,
Clint S
San Gabriel

-
Back