Body paint in spray can

-

Kevin Jonker

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get my orig. body color in a spray can to touch up the engine compartment in my fish? I think it's med. forest green. Thanks, Kevin

if you walk into Napa, we have a paint scanner and we can scan your colour and put it IN a can for you..

it helps since your paint might be slightly faded .. and a can of the same stuff new will be different or wrong.

Give that a try.

Cerwin

I just painted the inner fender area on my 66 Valiant with spary cans. I had it matched to the factory paint code, they mixed up the color, then put it in a spray can. It is a perfect match to the factory, it also covered nice and looks great! I got mine from Auto Value here in St. Cloud, they have a paint shop and they mixed it up for me in 15 minutes, cost was $25 a can. I don't have a spray gun so this what I did instead, I was impressed!

I just tried this with my car. The color was off and it was running but Ive heard that its just the color Im using. The toners for it aren't right anymore so they cant really match this color right.

I also did this 5 years ago with my 70 Cuda. That came out real good.

Some pictures.

PCu8.jpg

PCu9.jpg

Summit racing used to have spray cans for the blue, black, and orange colors. They where actually a Mopar performance product so you can check with them also.

I would like to keep it the orig. color. It doesn't have to be perfect at this point as you will see when I get pictures posted.

Kevin Jonker said:
I would like to keep it the orig. color. It doesn't have to be perfect at this point as you will see when I get pictures posted.

Opps sorry I thought you were asking about engine color!

-
Back