Body Part Compatability

-

CudaNewb

Reaction score
I have a 64 barracuda that I am restoring. I was wondering if I could use body parts from any other car, like maybe a valiant or dart?

well in 64 the barracuda was just a 'fancy' valiant so i believe all the stuff is interchangeable like fenders and such, id get a second say, this is what i remember from all my readings :goodman:

I am new to this board and this is my second post – I have a 65 Barracuda and I got my passenger door from a 66 Barracuda, even though the body had some minor changes from 65 to 66. There may be some model specific variations, which panels are you looking for?

Blues65 said:
which panels are you looking for?

I just started prepping the the car for paint and in the process I found that both fenders have bondo from one end to the other, one door has several decent sized dents while the other has a little patch that has rusted through.
Everything is definitly repairable, but if I find replacement parts that are cheap and available then I would much rather take the easy way out! And if I can use parts of a valiant or dart, my odds of finding what I need would be much better.

I am not sure if there is an interchange book for your year of cuda but it would be worth a shot to check. I use one for my swinger and it lists the part for the car and then all cars that it could be found on.

The link is to the interchange for 68 to 74 vehicles plus some other books but you could look around for one for your cuda http://tinyurl.com/lytu6

-
Back