Body Parts Swapping with Different Years

-

MoparGirl

Reaction score
Can someone point me in the right direction for finding out what body parts will swap among same vehicle but different year? I have a 73 Dart Sport that needs various stuff (deck lid, fenders, possibly other stuff.) There's a Mopar junkyard around the corner that has some of the parts I need from a couple of Dusters but one of the cars is a 75 and the other is 76. Are measurements the same? Is there an exchange book I can purchase somewhere that will tell me? Thanks for any help!
Pam

there is a paperback called something like a mopar parts interchange guide. look into sites like amazon,barnes and noble,or anyone who sells car books.

The salvage yard should have a Hollander interchange manual if they have been in business for awhile. Most yards today get their info from the manuals on computer but I'm not sure if they go back that far.
I have a '73 Dart Sport also. I 'believe' the fenders will need to be '73-'76 Dart, doesn't matter whether 2 or 4 door. The deck lid is the same as a Duster. I think all years Duster will interchange, except some didn't have the rib down the middle.
dallas
missourimopar.com

MOBodyman said:
The salvage yard should have a Hollander interchange manual if they have been in business for awhile. Most yards today get their info from the manuals on computer but I'm not sure if they go back that far.
I have a '73 Dart Sport also. I 'believe' the fenders will need to be '73-'76 Dart, doesn't matter whether 2 or 4 door. The deck lid is the same as a Duster. I think all years Duster will interchange, except some didn't have the rib down the middle.
dallas
missourimopar.com

Thanks Dallas! This is a very "old style" junkyard. I don't think they'd know how to turn a computer on. The guy that owns it is probably 80. I don't see him ever referring to a book of any kind, he just gets that "I'm thinking real hard" look on his face and then answers. The deck lid looks like it will work and does have the rib in the middle so I think it will be fine. I hope you're right about the fenders because he has several more 4 doors laying around that will open up options for me. Pam

Dodge and Plymouth fenders on '73+ A-bodies are not the same. Don't buy a Duster/Scamp fender for your Dart/Dart Sport.

-
Back