Body Restoration Help

-

HemiOrange340

Reaction score
I'm contemplating restoring my 1970 Dart Swinger 340 and I'm trying to figure out the costs for parts/paint. I've got a crew to do the work, just need to find the parts.

Where do you guys recommend I look for:

1. Front driver's fender (new and used)?
2. Rear quarter panels and/or repair metal
3. Window, door, hood, truck seals
4. Front and rear window trim?
5. Factory correct Hemi Orange paint

If I decide not to restore it, anyone interested in buying it? It's a 4 speed, Hemi Orange, 16K miles.

Much appreciated,
Corey

Auto Metal Direct is the place to look for sheet metal. If they dont have it, No one makes it.

If you decide to sell you shouldnt have a problem selling.

Auto Metal Direct is the place to look for sheet metal. If they dont have it, No one makes it.

If you decide to sell you shouldnt have a problem selling.

Incredible, there's not a single A Body Dart panel. How can nobody make a fender for one of the most popular cars Chrysler ever made? The problem with buying a used one, especially sight unseen, is that you never really know what you're getting into in terms of body work.

Eh.. ya can tell on a fender, if its off the car... look front and back at the contour. poke around a bit on it w/ a screwdriver or some sure to make sure no weak areas are hidden and ya got it. Used fenders are ok in my book. Just look carefully at them first.

AK

I don't have any experience with AMD, at least not yet as I intend to buy a pair of their bumpers, but at the risk of starting an argument, I think most people would agree that aftermarket body panels rarely fit as well as the originals. I'd rather work out a dent or two on an original fender than try to make an ill fitting aftermarket piece work.

-
Back