Body shop guys, 2K primer on wood ?

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
Kinda odd, I know. A friend asked me to paint a guitar for him. I havent been able to find the color he wants in a "guitar" paint so I started looking at single stage urethane and found just what he wanted in Kirkers Ultra-Glo line.

My plan is to strip the guitar down to bare wood and lay on some 2K, wet sand it spray the color and cut and buff it.

Is the 2K going to stick to the wood ?

i am no painter thats for sure , but i dont see why it wouldnt work.
just going to take several coats to close up the pores in the wood

i think it will work. you could always seal the wood with some Kills wood primer first, sand it with some 220 and then use the Y2K over it.

As long as it's prepped properly Adam, it works fine......acts as a good grain sealer too, far better than other primers, and I like it better than clear sealers when I do a color coat on a guitar body.

It'll work no prob ,done it may times, any high build primer will work. I manage a body shop for a living too :)

It will work, I have done it too. What color are you going with, Kirker has some nice ones.

Sublime of coarse. He said he wanted bright green and this one look real bright.
Not sure if it correct Mopar Sublime though, Im hoping its a bit brighter. He wanted something florescent. this was the brightest I found.

-
Back