Body swap

-

440bigblock66

Family Black sheep
Reaction score
Any idea on how much trouble to swap just the body on the same year car?? I am thinking its more than I want to tackle. Thanks in advance for info
Bob

I've never done it. I think it would be alot of work, why are you thinking about doing this? Rust issues?

you can't swap bodies, its uni-body. if your talking A body, if your taking switching the VIN number is completely illegal in every way

you can't swap bodies, its uni-body. if your talking A body, if your taking switching the VIN number is completely illegal in every way

Exactly.....here we go again with this argument on the legal end of it....Have a good time folks...

I have re-bodied trucks. Which in my state is legal if you follow the correct process of having both titles and inspected by the state. But, as stated, in the case of a unibody, it would be way more difficult. There is a legal and ethical difference between rebuilding a vehicle and vin swapping a vehicle to turn it into something it was not for the sake of profit.

yes you put a unibody car on a truck frame, not exactly what the OP was suggesting, and in most cases your car/truck wouldn't be road legal either

I worked for a shop for a number of years, we rebodied a number of cars. If your body was rusted out and we had a parts car with a solid frame. We never took a vin to sell to a customer though (no money in that). If that was illegal... all I have to say is "Oh well, didn't know then, not hurting anyone and if you don't tell the DMV they won't be any the wiser."

Swamp your vehicle? Really? It floored me when I thought of it! I thought that was crazy funny.

And as far as the legality of my own Dart. Quote me a law or regulation that I'm in violation of. I think you will be rather surprised with what you can have on the road.

-
Back