Body Work and Paint Estimate

-
I am just glad I do my own work, that I am not a perfectionist so a 2 footer is great for me, acrylic urethane is plenty shiny to me, cannot afford high end clears anyway, I drive them and get gravel pecks, door dings, possum chit, etc.......
Fred!?? North Dakota???? what are ya, an Eskimo!!???????????? 75 in SE TX today!!!!!!!! ha

I am just glad I do my own work, that I am not a perfectionist so a 2 footer is great for me, acrylic urethane is plenty shiny to me, cannot afford high end clears anyway, I drive them and get gravel pecks, door dings, possum chit, etc.......
Fred!?? North Dakota???? what are ya, an Eskimo!!???????????? 75 in SE TX today!!!!!!!! ha
don't rub it in my friend it was 18 below when I went to work today. but that's ok it keeps the bad guys out of town. and I agree, I'm driving my old car and it would make me sick to see a expensive paint job go to waste. Not here to empress everyone just getting my last days on earth enjoying something I always wanted to do. 75* there wow can I come over for the rest of the winter?

don't rub it in my friend it was 18 below when I went to work today. but that's ok it keeps the bad guys out of town. and I agree, I'm driving my old car and it would make me sick to see a expensive paint job go to waste. Not here to empress everyone just getting my last days on earth enjoying something I always wanted to do. 75* there wow can I come over for the rest of the winter?

Come on down! 2 spare rooms. You buy the shrimp and we will all feast. Wife is a great cook. COLDddddd today, 45 and rain all day but tomorrow will be 70 again!!!! Ya better hurry, it will be hotter than heck in a few weeks!!!!

I was learned this the hard way. When ever you by fiberglass parts let it set in the sun light or under a heat lamp for a while. Gotta make sure the fiber glass is cured.

Come on down! 2 spare rooms. You buy the shrimp and we will all feast. Wife is a great cook. COLDddddd today, 45 and rain all day but tomorrow will be 70 again!!!! Ya better hurry, it will be hotter than heck in a few weeks!!!!
sounds great would be nice to have some good cooking for a change, my cooking needs heart burn medication to go with it. food up here is bad compared to what you have down south. I miss driving semi down south and eating all that good food. But I don't miss the heat I remember jumping out of my semi and getting hit with 100* or better heat and just about pass out. Would be nice to come visit and help you with your car but not enough money to take time off work yet. thank you and hope to meet up with you someday.

Think about it... it could be. The bumpers were freshly made and still smelled like resin. I think you are right. The problem is with the gelcoat.

Fiberglass tends to swell in heat for sure. I've restore a lot of Corvette's in my career so I've had a lot of experience with glass work. Just sitting in the sun can do that.

-
Back