Boise Division 6 bracket finals

-

gumper

Reaction score
Day 1 of the NHRA D6 finals. Get two time hits today. The weather sucks, 5200’ density altitude. Supposed to be over 100* all weekend.
First hit on my car. Think I’ll add half a pound of air to the slicks. Wrinkling too much, then rebounding and unloading the tires just a bit. If that doesn’t do it I’ll have to loosen the shock a click. https://youtube.com/shorts/CtXP8xJIWls?feature=share

Run 2. Put half a pound of air in the tires which didn’t wrinkle as bad, but slowed down .03 in the 60’. Wound up running within .002 of the first pass at the top end, so that’s good. Going to loosen the rear shock one click now with the same air pressure. I can feel it slip maybe 1/4 turn.
https://youtube.com/shorts/sjbFOg8TTFE?feature=share

look at that 2nt video........
Do you think tightening up the rebound on the front shocks would help?

seams like it is letting the front end come down two soon or quickly.

look at that 2nt video........
Do you think tightening up the rebound on the front shocks would help?

seams like it is letting the front end come down two soon or quickly.
Yes it would. I’m still running Calvert 90/10 fronts, and I need to get rid of them. The front end rises way too much too fast. Loosening the rear shock will help keep the front down, but that’s not the most efficient way of doing things.

Round 1 Pro gambler this morning. No time trial beforehand. Got very lucky on both ends of the track. -.009 red (he was worse red) and ran a best ever of 10.88 at 122 on the 10.93. Nearly everyone was running a tenth faster today. Moving to round 2.

Last edited:
Round 1 Pro gambler this morning. No time trial beforehand. Got very lucky on both ends of the track. -.009 red (he was worse red) and ran a best ever of 10.88 at 122 on the 10.93. Nearly everyone was running a tenth faster today. Moving to round 2.

If there 90/10….i’m going to say thy are shot.

Gorgeous car, and keep up the good driving!

Certainly don’t want to interrupt, so feel free to get back to us/me on the questions below, if you’re keen to share that is:
What tire and gear do you run? Read a little on your motor on your other thread…working on a 414, would love to know cam specs too? And thanks! Main reason I ask is I run up at altitude in a 70 duster, would love to be in your realm of performance with it.

Gorgeous car, and keep up the good driving!

Certainly don’t want to interrupt, so feel free to get back to us/me on the questions below, if you’re keen to share that is:
What tire and gear do you run? Read a little on your motor on your other thread…working on a 414, would love to know cam specs too? And thanks! Main reason I ask is I run up at altitude in a 70 duster, would love to be in your realm of performance with it.
28x10.5 with 4.10s in a Strange 60. It’s a Hughes solid cam which I can get the specs for when I get home.

Bowed out in round 3. I was pulled out for the bye, but we wound up with an even number of cars. Car fell off time quite a bit. I was .024 to his .010. I lost 8 total, and he was running the number. Oh well, there’s tomorrow for the big race.

28x10.5 with 4.10s in a Strange 60. It’s a Hughes solid cam which I can get the specs for when I get home.

Bowed out in round 3. I was pulled out for the bye, but we wound up with an even number of cars. Car fell off time quite a bit. I was .024 to his .010. I lost 8 total, and he was running the number. Oh well, there’s tomorrow for the big race.

Nice work anyways! Good luck tomorrow, you got this!!!:thumbsup:

Went to the finals today. Lost by .0128. Had him at the tree by a bit, but the car fell off the number. Oh well, try again tomorrow.

Don’t suppose you guys agreed to split?:D

Great driving!:steering:
No we don’t get that option. Winner gets 5k and a trip to Vegas to represent the division. This is the third time I’ve lost in that final, and once in the semis. I’m getting annoyed with that

No we don’t get that option. Winner gets 5k and a trip to Vegas to represent the division. This is the third time I’ve lost in that final, and once in the semis. I’m getting annoyed with that
I hear ya on being annoyed, but still damn impressive to make a divisional final that many times!

Went down in the fourth today. Was sleeping at the tree which I blame on being exhausted. Four days in the 95 degree plus weather is enough. 10 years ago it wouldn’t wear on me, but this time I was spent. I’ll get videos of all my rounds uploaded in the next couple days.

Went down in the fourth today. Was sleeping at the tree which I blame on being exhausted. Four days in the 95 degree plus weather is enough. 10 years ago it wouldn’t wear on me, but this time I was spent. I’ll get videos of all my rounds uploaded in the next couple days.
That is some impressive performance. Way to go!!

Just a couple photos from the Firebird Facebook page of my car. One in time trials, and the other in the ROC finals. My dad has all the videos, so I’m just waiting on him to send them.

DBEACA4F-6AC0-448B-8423-9CD721DBB864.jpeg

D0B9C89E-81AC-42DF-B298-009418C676A8.jpeg

-
Back