bolt pattern & wheels for 68 383 Cuda???

-

SEbiscut

Reaction score
I want to put the widest wheels & tires on my 68 formula S 383 , 4 spd Cuda, but don't know if I should keep the small bolt pattern. It seems Cragars are the only 5 spoke wheels avail in 15 X 7 or 8, w/the 4" bolt pattern.
Would 15X8 w/4 1/4" backspacing work w/ 275/50's on the back?
Will the small bolt pattern be strong enough for a 425 horse 383? I'd really like the American Torque Thrust D's but would have to switch the bolt pattern.
I also plan to install the Wilwood disc brake conversion on the fronts w/tubular A-arms later. Would that require the larger bolt pattern conversion? Thanks for the advice & help. :thumblef:

The wilwoods are drilled for bolth 4 and 4.5" bolt paterns. I would upgrade to the 4.5" rear also. You have a much better choice of rims. the only other 5 spoked rimms for 4" are the Centerline Convo Pros.

centerline also makes wheels for the small bolt pattern. as for the small bolt pattern being strong enuff for 425 hourse ...yes without a doubt. the only reason to change to the larger bolt pattern is for selection of wheels. Until you top 500+ hp the small bp will survive

the cheap way to go to large pattern is to re drill the hubs the best way is to upgrade the brakes and buy new rear axles

-
Back